Hello Friends and Family:
As we finish up this month with Christmas thoughts, gifts, and remembrances, we wanted to especially express our gratitude for each one of you in our lives. More and more, it becomes obvious that we can’t really accomplish much on our own – but with God’s help, and yours, anything is possible!
I am working on a commission that has the two 8′ by 3′ patron saints and co-founders of the Graymoor monastery as well as two more large, 8′ x 4′ Icons for Albany, NY. I love working large and am grateful now that Michael did all that work in the barn over the summer because now I have a big space to work in. There’s no heat or electricity, but with the warm weather we’ve had all November and December, I have been able to log in a lot of hours working up there – and I’m happy as can be!
Michael has been inspired this month after praying for over a year for what God’s next assignment is going to be. Here is a description of the new project he is starting to work on:
Kingdom Arts Ministry: Youth Video Project [YVP]
Vision: To teach and equip young Christians to make videos which glorify God, to post them online and interact around them.
- Create a body of Christians who actively utilize the visual media for innovative dialogue.
- Activate youth groups in churches to independently produce media to dialogue with the unreached in their community.
- Create a bridge which opens opportunity for personal testimony and ministry.
- Create a path for youth to have a voice within their own communities, churches and universally.
- Develop a network of active video makers for Christ across America and the world.
- Identify potential future film making talent to coach and release into the industry.
THE PROGRAM WOULD CONSIST OF:
- A four session course with additional follow up visit can be scheduled in one of two options-
- Three evening sessions and one Sunday morning.
- Friday evening, Saturday two sessions and Sunday morning.
- All sessions start with prayer and worship.Session One- View a variety of short videos, discuss different options and approaches videos used, discuss local community needs or personal aspirations for a short video subject. Qualify how it glorifies God. Homework to write outline of the video, where it is to be shot and who it is directed towards.
Session Two- Review outline and undertake shooting.
Session Three- Review film shot and edit to three minute video.
Session Four – Pre Sunday service- show all films to the group and discuss and pray through presented issues. As a group decide and plan presentation for the congregation, deliver during Sunday service and preach around it. Post video online.
Follow up session two weeks later to encourage continuing to create videos and post. Process any development issues. Connect and network youth to other churches who have gone through the course. Annual conference for all participating youth groups to show videos, discuss issues and develop awareness of potential ways to serve.
So, if you have any ideas, thoughts, or support you’d like to give Michael for this project, contact us! So excited about what God is going to do!
Here’s a quick video Michael made about Christmas that I think you will like.
Some of the interviews were taken during our lasts Art & Friends Community Potluck Dinner in Hudson:
So, once again, we ask for your prayer covering of the months ahead. You are always in our prayers, to and we look forward to hearing in more detail how we can pray for each of you. Together, and with Christ, we can do anything!
Love and prayers,
Michael and Christine